Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Toy Season

It is our toy season number 1. Our second toy season of the year is, of course, Christmas. But come May and June we have two birthdays. The upside of birthdays a month apart is that you get them (i.e. party planning) over with and don't have to dread for months another one approaching. The downside is that because they are so close together there tends to be (and don't ask me why because I would have to admit to my bad parenting skills) more toy purchases. And we all know that with toy purchases comes trash.

So, what to do with cardboard that is covered with pieces of tape and plastic bits? It is the juice box dilemma all over. Technically, not recycleable. But practically, come on, shouldn't it be? But who wants to sit on the kitchen floor and peel all the tape off cardboard? I understand that packaging is now meant to be theft proof (and rough sea journey from China proof as well, no doubt) but do they really need THAT much tape and invisible rubberbands, and plastic covered wire holding pieces in, and plastic anchors? Each toy brings along 20 pieces of trash!

Who wants to write a letter to China asking if they can make all those pieces recyleable with me?

1 comment:

demondoll said...

I'm in- I hate all that extra packaging.