Sunday, July 29, 2012

Begin

I have decided to do a Detox Diet.  I did it a couple of years ago for a few weeks.  It is the Natalia Rose program and I found it was very easy and pleasant and my body craved the food after just a short time.

But then, you know, stress, job loss, more stress, children growing, vacations... all that.

So, I broke my arm at the shoulder in January of this year, and since I have not been able to do much exercising.  On top of that there was about 2 months of pretty intense pain medication.  Now that it is summer the eczema I have suffered from on both my hands and to a more irritating extent my left foot (no pun intended) have flared, as they do this time of year.  And of course, because it's summer I am loath to wear socks, which would help with post flare up healing.  And, and I know this is a little squirrly, but I have begun to stink.  Literally.  I have never had much problem with underarm odor, but now I do.  No doubt all of the above mentioned, plus the intense stress of a year plus unemployed husband, contribute. 

So, there it is.  Necessity smacks you in the face.  And so I begin.

Shopped at Costco today for much romaine and carrots.  Prepared a big salad to be ready for tomorrow.  Mentally I feel ready to begin.  I will do my best to do 30 days.  And an inspiring event happened today.  I went to see the Royal Ballet's Sleeping Beauty at the movie theater - a fairly recent and welcome addition to our cultural landscape here in the desert.  My daughter is taking ballet and I love to watch the ballet so we went.  And as I watched I couldn't help wishing I could have that - no, not body - movement.  How wonderful it would be to have that sort of physical acumen.  To be able to feel that fluid and buoyant in your skin.  At 40-something I dare not harbor any fantasies of actually being able to do that, even when I was in my teens and twenties and taking dance class consistently I never felt that light.  But to at least be able to move about my world with grace and balance, that would be a feat.  Resolve in place and fingers crossed no major derailments!


No comments: